- 23 Jan 2024
Uko na passion ya kujenga communities, ku-engage wasee, na bado weh ni creator mnoma wa content ma-fans online wanatambua? Jua aje, Shujaaz inasaka msee dynamic ku-join kama Community Lead.
We are Shujaaz, an International Emmy Award-winning team of young East African creatives, researchers, and strategists who make media that helps young people take control of their futures.
Our digital dramas, comic books, events, and social content connect young people with the knowledge, self-belief, and inspiration they need to imagine the future they want – and the support to make it happen.
Today, Shujaaz is one of East Africa’s biggest youth brands and one of the world’s most successful media for social change programmes. In a world that too often leaves young people feeling powerless, Shujaaz helps young people take control.
The Job: Community Lead
As a Community Lead, you will play a crucial role in building Shujaaz’s online brand personality, acting as the bridge between the brand and its fans. You will focus on maintaining an authentic and reliable presence online, ensuring a consistent voice and tone while curating content to engage and delight our audience.
Your Role in the Spotlight
- Align community strategy with organizational objectives.
- Collaborate with program and production teams for high-quality social media campaigns.
- Monitor and analyse online media metrics to optimize campaign effectiveness.
- Actively engage with community members, fostering a safe and inclusive space.
- Develop communication guidelines, moderate discussions, and uphold brand values.
- Plan and execute online community initiatives and maintain an editorial calendar.
- Stay updated on digital trends and build relationships with key influencers.
Who You Are: Skills and Superpowers
- Social media management: Content creation, community management, social media advertising
- Project Management Maestro: Align social media strategies and plans with organizational goals
- Creative Dynamo: Curate engaging content and foster innovation.
- Team Leader: Nurture good working relationships and drive team performance.
- Problem-solving Pro: Navigate challenges with grace and ingenuity.
- Detail-Oriented Virtuoso: Have an eye for perfection in communication and content.
Requirements That Shine Bright
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Minimum 4 years experience in social media management and community engagement.
- Up to date with trends in youth culture & media nationally and globally
- Proficient in managing top social media platforms like Tiktok, Facebook, Instagram, etc
- Great at coming up with innovative content, influencer and platform strategies
- Ability to plan, schedule, and produce required content plans and social media reports
- Deep empathy for & interest in young people
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both Swanglish & English
- 1 year experience managing teams
- Project management best practices
- Resourceful with solid research and analytical skills
How to Join
Are you excited to be part of Shujaaz’s mission? Then please send us your CV and a cover letter or cover video with links to previously managed pages and your portfolio.
Send your application to email@example.com as one document with ‘Shujaaz Community Lead’ as the subject of your email. Applications will be received on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Shujaaz Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, marital status, gender identity, or physical or mental disability. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.