Social Media Intern
- 22 Jun 2021
We are Shujaaz Inc, a network of social ventures based in Nairobi, Kenya. We believe this generation of young people can transform our global society for the better – that’s why we work to break down barriers so that young people can take control of the future.
Our Emmy-award winning team of 60 young East Africans run our social ventures; our multimedia youth platform Shujaaz, East-Africa’s biggest youth brand and Hustla MBA, our digital learning community. In July 2020, we launched a prototype of our newest venture; an innovative digital networking platform, designed to unlock value for Africa’s informal sector entrepreneurs.
About the Role
You are ready to bring your creativity and talent and Shujaaz Inc wants to help you get there, whether it’s honing your skills or building your network, we know that success can’t come without growth. You will gain practical work experience and we will offer you an insight into what working in the Shujaaz Inc world is like.
Our internships are short-term opportunities for young individuals who join us for a short period (usually 3 months or less but can be up to 6 months in length). Our Interns work five days per week under the supervision and mentorship of a staff member in the department which they are assigned.
- Social media engagement as assigned
- Support in continuous engagement with fans in line with campaign strategy plans
- Monitor respective social media sentiments and give feedback for reporting
- Participate in campaign concept ideation as may be required
Who you are:
We seek an individual with the below skills and attributes:
- At least a certificate or diploma
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in English and Swahili (knowledge of Sheng is an added advantage)
- MUST be able to work independently and as part of a team, take initiative to solve problems and proactively address issues and follow tasks through to completion
- Personal attributes: Motivated, self-starter, team player, interest in media youth activities.
Interested in applying? Submit your CV and cover letter by 30th September 2021. We look forward to hearing from you.