Senior Frontend Developer
- 7 Apr 2020
ShujaazInc is a network of social ventures based in Nairobi and Dar Es Salaam. Our ventures inspire, entertain and mobilise 7.5 million 15-24-year-olds across East Africa. Our network connects young people with the information, skills and resources they need to take control; embedding them in a digital and real-world community that gives them the self-belief to succeed, in their context and on their terms.
About the role
The Senior Frontend Developer will implement the user interface and engineer the experience of every site/software being put out by the business. The role will also build out patterns and abstractions that emphasize the efficiency of sites/software.
ShujaazInc, is transitioning firmly into a scale-up business with established products that are adding customers rapidly. The Senior Frontend Developer must be highly skilled and make the most of tools such as React and SASS and makes sure that the business’s sites/software are compatible with multiple browsers and multiple devices.
- Site/Software Development
- Oversee the development of the business’ sites/software and is in charge of the latest processes and technology in order to build scalable, distributed, and fault-tolerant site/software systems.
- Apply usability principles and procedures as defined by UX/UI input emphasizing a consumer-focused approach in building sites/software and works with both senior and junior frontend teams in determining the prioritization and estimation of new features and improvements.
- Builds prototypes systems that meet the project quality standards and requirements and find and address performance issues prior to releasing the finished product to the backend team.
- Design and review code inclusive of efficient and reusable front-end infrastructure and components.
- Support re-use through documenting common frontend components that save the business time in executing future projects.
- User Interface/User Experience
- Lead the junior frontend team in building elegant and sophisticated user interfaces.
- Interact and engage with consumers/users and involve technical support teams in understanding the needs of the consumer/user, availing insights that ultimately lead to an increased positive impact on consumer experience.
- Regular collaboration with designers, developers, and product owners in order to avail interactive and scalable sites/software.
- Collaborate with the user experience teams for the purpose of designing and implementing site/software experience.
- Work hand-in-hand with backend developers in building features and efficiencies for the realization of the anticipated end product.
- Provide technical leadership and documentation to senior engineering leadership and key stakeholders, continuously informing them on progress and important details of projects at key phases of site/software development.
- Lead and Coach Frontend team
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Good research and knowledge gathering as well as defining industry best practices.
- Proficiency and experience in:
- Markup languages like HTML
- React Native, Angular and Vue js
- Browser testing and debugging
- RESTFUL services and APIs
- Responsive mobile design
- GIT and version control systems
- Layout aesthetics
- Android and iOS development
- USSD and SMS application development.
Interested in applying? Fill in the form below with a CV and cover letter by 20th April 2020. We look forward to hearing from you.