Research Assistant (Four-month Consultancy)
- 25 Mar 2021
We are Shujaaz Inc, a network of social ventures based in Nairobi, Kenya. We believe this generation of young people can transform our global society for the better – that’s why we work to break down barriers so that young people can take control of the future.
Our Emmy-award winning team of 60 young East Africans run our three ventures; our multimedia youth platform ‘Shujaaz’, East-Africa’s biggest youth brand; Hustla MBA, our digital learning community and our newest venture, a digital networking platform which launches in beta-phase this year.
Today, our three social ventures inspire, entertain, and mobilise a network of 7.5 million 15-24-year-olds across East Africa. Our ventures connect young people with the information, skills and resources they need to take control; embedding them in a digital and real-world community that gives them the self-belief to succeed, in their context and on their terms. Since launching in 2009, we’ve proven that when young people take control of their lives, they create transformational change.
About the Role
The Research Assistant will provide support to the ‘Knowledge and Learning’ (K&L) team and ensure timely and efficient delivery of assigned tasks.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work closely with the Quantitative Research Co-ordinator (RC) to provide weekly SMS statistics; clean, sort, code, analyse and provide a monthly report of campaign performance.
- Together with the Quantitative Research Team, share emerging trends from SMS feedback analysis and survey feedback with the entire project team.
- Review media content with the Production Team to ensure alignment with campaign strategies.
- Work closely with the Qualitative Research Co-ordinator to administer qualitative research studies as assigned.
- Update a database of on-going conversations relevant to Shujaaz topics from external media and other contexts outside Shujaaz; monthly reporting on the trends to K&L team and quarterly to Shujaaz Media teams.
- Assist in the coordination and preparation of at least one strategy review session.
- Provide potential case studies and success stories for follow up.
Specific assignments will be given to the RC by either the Head of K&L or Research Manager according to K&L research plan or as they arise.
Qualifications and skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Statistics, Social Science or related field. Top-performing undergraduate background.
- Strong work experience; at least 3 years in executing research projects.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Business Suite, including PowerPoint, Word and Excel. Experience with SPSS is a plus
- Good analytical skills, creativity, ability to ask relevant questions and seek solutions.
- Self-motivated, quick, and enthusiastic learner
- Team member who can work harmoniously with others
- Excellent written and presenting skills in English.
Schedule: Regular working hours and a five-day working week.
Interested in applying? Submit your CV and cover letter by 31st March 2021. We look forward to hearing from you.