SHUJAAZ INC PROGRAMME MANAGER
- 8 Jun 2023
ABOUT SHUJAAZ INC
We are Shujaaz Inc, a network of social ventures based in Nairobi, Kenya. We believe this generation of young people can transform our global society for the better – that’s why we work to break down barriers so that young people can take control of the future.
Our Emmy-award-winning multi-media youth platform Shujaaz is one of East Africa’s biggest youth brands; leveraging the power of storytelling and media to give young people the self-belief to succeed, in their context and on their terms. Since launching in 2009, we’ve proven that when young people take control of their lives, they create transformational change.
We’re led by a simple guiding value; we call it ‘Player First’. It means that we always put young people’s needs first. We believe they hold the solutions to overcoming the barriers they face (not us), and that means we design our programmes from the ground up alongside our audience; we talk to young people about their lives, the changes they want to make and the barriers that are standing in their way.
Drawing on the insights of our team and our partners, we identify the most effective barrier-breaking stories, share them across our media platforms, and design programmes around the most important, transformative solutions.
Are you passionate about using media for social change? Do you excel at coordinating and delivering complex projects and building strong relationships with local and international partners? Shujaaz Inc is seeking a talented and dedicated Programme Manager to join our Partnerships & Programmes Department.
As a Programme Manager, you will play a critical role in delivering our award-winning media for social change programmes. You will be responsible for coordinating the execution of contracted programmes, ensuring they are delivered on time, within budget, and with the desired results.
- Coordinate the design and execution of contracted programmes, that deliver value and impact to both young people, the business and to funding partners.
- Develop detailed project schedules and workplans, ensuring resource availability and allocation across departments.
- Act as the go-to person for everything involving your programmes; ensuring everyone on the Shujaaz team and other stakeholders are fully aware of the objectives and expectations of our partners.
- Create value-adding partner communications plans that keep them up to date on the project lifetime, writing reports, updating measurement frameworks and leading on calls to keep them updated on progress against agreed milestones and outcomes.
- Liaise between partners and cross-functional internal teams to ensure the timely and successful delivery of programme(s).
- Define programme scope and objectives and create a detailed programme delivery schedule and work plan.
- Manage internal and external stakeholder relationships based on programme deliverables.
- Monitor programme progress, adjust as needed, and provide detailed partner and internal programme reports monthly.
- Manage the programme budget, and track and report on programme costs.
- Ensure that programmes are delivered in scope, on budget and within agreed timelines.
- Carry out the full cycle of project management, including project handover and lessons learned and best practices.
- Anticipate, identify, and assess key programme risks, and develop mitigation and contingency plans.
- Ensure the timely submission of assigned partner reports and maintain documentation.
- Prepare materials and presentations for donor visits, providing a comprehensive overview of Shujaaz Inc’s activities.
- Collaborate with the Head of Partnerships for meetings with assigned partners.
- Manage partner relations, engaging and escalating as required, and address partner queries.
- Work with internal implementation teams to coordinate and deliver quarterly reviews of assigned programmes.
- Regularly assess the effectiveness of strategies and tactics, and make necessary adjustments.
- Ensure alignment of the internal implementation team with the overall programme goals.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Proven experience in project management, including developing and implementing project schedules, work plans, and budgets.
- Strong understanding of project management tools and techniques, such as RAG, RACI, and R&I trackers.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to liaise effectively between clients and cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong relationships with partners and stakeholders.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to anticipate and mitigate programme risks and develop contingency plans.
- Proficiency in creating and maintaining detailed project documentation and reports.
- Knowledge of media for social change or similar fields is highly desirable.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Certification in Project Management is preferable.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in Programme/Project Management.
If you are a proactive and results-driven individual with a passion for young people and media for social change and a proven track record in programme coordination and partner management, we would love to hear from you.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further consideration.
Shujaaz Inc is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, marital status, gender identity, physical or mental disability. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.