Head of Product
- 20 Aug 2020
Shujaaz Inc is a network of social ventures based in Nairobi and Dar Es Salaam. Our ventures inspire, entertain and mobilise 7.5 million 15-24-year-olds across East Africa. Our network connects young people with the information, skills and resources they need to take control; embedding them in a digital and real-world community that gives them the self-belief to succeed, in their context and on their terms.
About the role
The Head of Product will oversee the product management of a range of new products and services (including but not limited to financial services offers, and a range of strategic consumer facing propositions providing content and skill building) including strategy planning, concept definition, implementation, and end-to-end product lifecycle management.
The successful individual must be highly skilled at defining innovative product development that delivers on the business strategy.
- Delivering business impact by launching and optimizing products that are tailored to market demands and corporate objectives for growth within agreed timelines, scope and budget.
- Defining the new product development and innovation processes for the organization and integrating it into the overall company operations.
- Developing and implementing methods and procedures for monitoring projects such as preparation of records of expenditures, progress reports and staff conferences, in order to inform management of current status of each project.
- Working together with the leadership team to develop the strategic product roadmap for the organization, providing regular updates and strategic analysis of the progress in achieving the roadmap goals.
- Overseeing and managing the Product Team to develop and launch approved products and services.
- Defining and managing the change request roadmap with inputs from technical and commercial teams.
- Oversee the Product Team to implement approved change requests and service improvements.
Working together with technical teams in order to design, configure and deliver the systems, products and services to meet requirements and deadlines.
- Defining and monitor the customer experience, user journeys, UI/UX etc. for consumers and users of our systems and oversee continued improvements to the user experience.
- Selecting correct design concepts and fundamental technology used for new products or improvement for existing ones.
- Undertaking leadership and mentoring of the Product Team and manage execution of section objectives.
- Lead and coach the product team.
- Preparing budgets and approve budget expenditures; Control expenses to meet budget guidelines.
- Managing delivery of the road-map meeting timeline expectations of the business.
- Maintaining strong ties and consistent communication with internal teams and stakeholders to capture appropriate commercial requirements and manage technical implementation and project timelines.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelors’ degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, IT or other relevant field (or equivalent)
- At least 5 years relevant experience in a management role preferably within financial services and product development environment, having been exposed to all disciplines.
- Product management experience, with a preference for candidates with a mix of start-up and large-company experience.
- Product development management, experience and knowledge of Fintech.
Interested in applying? Fill in the form below with a CV and cover letter by 30 September 2020. We look forward to hearing from you.