Digital Marketing Specialist
- 17 Dec 2021
We are Shujaaz Inc, a network of social ventures based in Nairobi, Kenya. We believe this generation of young people can transform our global society for the better – that’s why we work to break down barriers so that young people can take control of the future.
Our Emmy-award winning team of 60 young East Africans run our social ventures; our multimedia youth platform Shujaaz, East-Africa’s biggest youth brand and Hustla MBA, our digital learning community. In July 2020, we launched a prototype of our newest venture; an innovative digital networking platform, designed to unlock value for Africa’s informal sector entrepreneurs.
Player First Ltd
Our flagship new digital venture is designed to connect young entrepreneurs on a powerful new platform. Our combined decade of experience on youth focused insights has driven the development of our innovative and ambitious new offer, aiming to harness technology opportunities and the power of big data to provide skills, networks, products, and services that unlock value and drive growth for Africa’s informal sector micro-entrepreneurs.
Following our prototype launch in 2021, we will build on feedback from active users on the platform, launch key and exciting new products and features, drive continued back-end development and continue rolling out solutions to a wider selection of our audience. We are looking to continue scaling up and actively engage our users in the digital space through various marketing campaigns.
To help us achieve our plans, we are recruiting a new role of Digital Marketing Specialist under our MESH brand to drive our digital marketing strategy. The individual will be responsible for developing, implementing, and managing marketing campaigns and Digital Marketing Strategy for MESH Community.
About the Role
The successful individual will manage campaigns in digital space, content management, influencer management and continuously measuring effectiveness of various marketing campaigns. The role will also manage end to end operations of MESH influencer marketing campaigns and will work with a team of three team members within the proposition team to achieve this.
The role will report to the Proposition Manager and will have the following responsibilities:
- Plan and execute all digital marketing, including SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and display advertising campaigns
- Content creation and management to further optimize searches and traffic to website.
- Design, build and maintain MESH social media presence
- Maintain consistent brand messaging throughout all platforms
- Collaborate with internal teams to create landing pages and optimize user experience
- Utilise strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs)
- Work with entire MESH proposition team to define the right approach for influencers to meet the set objectives.
- Identify the best fit influencers and liaise with them in negotiating fair rates for content, and ensuring the relevant agreements are in place
- Developing monthly influencer campaign schedules, executing campaigns, reviewing performance, and recommending improvements weekly
- Planning and executing digital marketing and influencer management budgets
Who you are:
We seek an individual with the below skills and attributes:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a digital marketing or advertising position
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or relevant field
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns
- Data Analysis skills
- FB/ TTW ads specialist.
- Experience in setting up and optimizing Google Adwords campaigns
- In-depth knowledge of various social media platforms
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
What to expect
We are a diverse team in East Africa that values creativity and innovation. You will have a great opportunity to be part of a team that is mission driven and work to provide services that unlock value and drive growth for Africa’s informal sector micro-entrepreneurs.
The role will also experience our hybrid model working both from the office and at home.
Interested in applying? Submit your CV and cover letter by 14th January 2022. We look forward to hearing from you.
Shujaaz Inc is an equal opportunity employer.