- 2 Aug 2023
Shujaaz Inc is a network of social ventures based in Kenya & Tanzania. Our ventures connect young people with the information, skills and resources they need to take control; embedding them in a digital and real-world community that gives them the self-belief to succeed, in their context and on their terms. We’ve proven that when young people take control of their lives, they create transformational change.
Now that we’ve established our new brand identity, we are building our team to ensure that Shujaaz Inc continues to scale and grow and a critical part of building this team involves bringing on board an experienced and dynamic Head of People for our venture Shujaaz. This is an on-going multi-media platform that provides young people with inspiration, encouragement, validation, and entertainment online, on ground and through millions of comic books, that has reached more than 7.5m East Africans aged 15-24 and won two Emmy Awards. Please visit our website https://www.shujaazinc.com/about-us/ for more information.
The Data intern will assist the social media data team in collating, generating data and initial analysis to track the performance of social media and digital activities for internal and external reporting.
- Assist in collecting social media and digital data and carry out initial analysis on a weekly basis.
- Support the Data team in tracking the performance of all social media and digital activities on a weekly basis.
- Support in data generation and data analysis requirements for internal and external reporting as directed.
- Work with the Data Lead on ongoing improvement in the data gathering and analysis process.
- Timely Collection and Compiling of Kenya and Tanzania data and share it with Data Associate
- Keep track of data, take notes, and keep documenting learning from scrums session.
- Assisting Data Lead & Data Associate by compiling data on monthly/quarterly Campaign reports to Programmes & Partnerships to be shared with Partners.
- Staying up to date with industry trends and new technologies to enhance data analysis and interpretation.
- Participating in strategy and creative campaign development
- Any other ad-hoc activities assigned to you by the data lead and Data Associate
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We seek an individual with the below skills and attributes.
- Diploma in relevant field Statistics, Computer Science
- Entry-level experience in data analysis with basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, social media.
- Data collation and generation skills
- Basic Excel and related Microsoft Office skills
- Attention to detail.
- Good communication skills
- Tenacity – working to achieve own and team objectives and to overcome obstacles.
- A good team player
- Good organization and planning skills
Interested? Then apply through our website/careers page by 11 August 2023
Shujaaz Inc is an equal opportunity employer.