CONTENT LEAD MESH
- 14 Jun 2022
MESH is a new venture, part of the Shujaazinc network. We are an online community for serious young people in biz.
On MESH, young people in biz share their knowledge and skills, build their network and create opportunities together.
We’re on a mission to unlock the wisdom of this community. We now host over 140K MESHERS. We want them to find great ideas to build and grow their biz from fellow MESHERS on our platform every day.
We’re looking for a Content Lead who can harvest the wisdom of MESHERS, translate it to great content and formats, and open it back up to the community and beyond.
OUR CONTENT LEAD WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Research and development of engaging on-brand content
- Collaborating with our Community Lead to identifying the topics and member wisdom we can champion in our content approach
- Creating a smooth and scalable content development process and helping the team to make this part of their routine
- Directing the work of a creative team (in-house or external) in disciplines like video production, graphic design or copywriting
- Overseeing the content production budget, leading production on a lean budget, and getting hands-on when needed
- Overseeing the translation of content to marketing materials in different formats like posts, video, in-app and social channel use
- Ensuring we have a constant pipeline of engaging content that keeps our MESHERS learning and coming back for more
- Analyzing what works and what doesn’t – and adjusting accordingly
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO:
- Believes the informal economy is the future
- Has a background in journalism, marketing, or both (5-8+ years)
- Can show their extensive experience in creating digital content for social channels and preferably with video experience
- Has great copywriting skills and brings a fun, informal, and made-for-digital writing style and voice
- Is a natural director but also loves to roll up their sleeves and create things him/herself: in the first stages of the role, especially
- Loves championing other people and their stories
- Knows the MESH world and the topic of biz (the informal economy)
- Speaks Kenyanese (a little English, a little Swahili, a little Sheng: whatever works for the MESH context at hand)
- understands that creativity thrives in a clear structure – and will set and guard work processes
- Always keeps an eye on what’s next in the content and digital marketing space
WHY JOIN US?
You want to be part of a young start-up, and work in a lean, dynamic, and creative team? You want to be part of the early journey of building a truly innovative solution for young micro-entrepreneurs? You’re passionate about impacting the lives of hundreds of thousands of young people in Kenya and beyond? This role is for you!
We can’t wait to get to know you better!
Interested? Then apply through our website/careers page by 14th September 2022
Shujaaz Inc is an equal opportunity employer.