Business Development Manager
- 27 Apr 2021
We are Shujaaz Inc, a network of social ventures based in Nairobi, Kenya. We believe this generation of young people can transform our global society for the better – that’s why we work to break down barriers so that young people can take control of the future.
Our Emmy-award winning team of 60 young East Africans run our social ventures; our multimedia youth platform Shujaaz, East-Africa’s biggest youth brand and Shujaaz Biz, our digital learning community. In July 2020, we launched a prototype of our newest venture; an innovative digital networking platform, designed to unlock value for Africa’s informal sector entrepreneurs.
Player First Ltd
Our flagship new digital venture is designed to connect young entrepreneurs on a powerful new platform. Our combined decade of experience on youth focused insights has driven the development of our innovative and ambitious new offer, aiming to harness technology opportunities and the power of big data to provide skills, networks, products, and services that unlock value and drive growth for Africa’s informal sector micro-entrepreneurs.
Following our prototype launch this year, we will build on feedback from active users on the platform, launch key and exciting new products and features, drive continued back-end development and continue rolling out solutions to a wider selection of our audience.
We’re actively recruiting an experienced Business Development Manager to join our fast-growth team and play a crucial role in driving and implementing strategic commercial partnerships that deliver high-impact solutions for young people across East Africa and drive growth of the organisation.
About the Role
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Business Development Manager will be responsible for ensuring the successful pitching of products to existing and new clients.
Set Up Activities
- Preparation of standard pricing models and terms
- Development of a standard contract
- Development of a standard service level agreement
- Development of a reporting and monitoring system for clients
- Development of CRM platform for internal use
- Development of a framework for a client pitch and proposal
- Development of criteria for determining whether to sign contracts and to help manage risk
On- Going Activities (working alone or with the Leadership Team)
- Maintenance of the sales pipeline and client register
- Undertake market research to identify target clients
- Research into possible partners
- Prioritising of possible partners to target
- Identifying lead individuals in each client to approach
- Briefing of MESH leadership team and developing approach strategies
- Preparation of introductory material to share with clients
- Preparation of pitch documents
- Preparation of responses to RFPs
- Preparation of proposals
- Preparation of supporting material for client meetings
- Determination of the pricing models to be used in each opportunity
- Support in the contract negotiations and sign off
- Agreement on client specific SLAs
- Handover to delivery team
Reporting and Monitoring (as required)
- Preparation of monthly pipeline and sales analysis
- Preparation of win/loss analysis
- Preparation of client usage and monitoring reports (for use by the client)
- Risk management reports
- Preparation of sales forecasts
Qualifications and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field
- Seeking candidates with 5+ years of experience in:
- Writing business proposals
- Research business opportunities and viable income streams
- Drafting and reviewing contracts
- Drafting business cases
- Negotiation and presentation skills
- Sound communication and relationship building skills
Interested in applying? Submit your CV and cover letter by 21st May 2021. We look forward to hearing from you.